At Prince Lawyers International, we advise European businesses and individuals looking to do business in Australia.
Our clients are small and medium companies, local subsidiaries and branches of large international groups as well as local trade and diplomatic agencies. See our Clients page for more information.
We are different from other legal advisers because:
- our people are admitted to practice law in European jurisdictions and in Australia;
- our people have worked and lived in both Europe and Australia;
- we speak to our clients during their day and in their language; and
- when advising our clients, we don’t constantly look at our watch or bill them for every minute spent with or for them.
See our Profile and Billing pages for more information.
The way we bill is evidence that we care about our clients and wish to be part of their success without hindering their growth in Australia.
We typically work on a fixed fee basis for the set up of the legal vehicle (being a proprietary company or a branch of a foreign entity) and the creation of standard commercial terms, which will be used to do business in Australia.
We otherwise use a single hourly rate to charge the time we spend advising our clients on legal matters. Our hourly rate has only changed once since 2002 and includes all our costs and disbursements.
Our promise to our clients is total transparency:
- before we start work, we quote an all-inclusive fixed fee or an estimate of our total fees based on our hourly rate;
- if needed, we keep our clients informed of the need to revise our estimateduring the engagement;
- we always seek our clients’ approval of our fees in advance; and
- we provide a detailed description of the time spent and work done for our clients as part of the relevant invoice.
The first consultation is free.
Our clients operate in various industries either via a local entity or as a branch or subsidiary of a foreign entity:
|Advisory||After Sale Support||Local entity|
|Consulting Services||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Implementation Services||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Performance Management||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Sales||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Boating||Maintenance||Branch Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Trade Office||Diplomatic agency|
|Information Technology||Software||Local entity|
|Web Design||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Website||Subsidiary of large foreign group|
|Live Stock Trucks||Subsidiary of large foreign group|
|Medical equipment||Subsidiary of large foreign group|
|Play and sport equipment||Subsidiary of large foreign group|
|Personal Services||Hairdressing||Local entity|
|Real Estate||Property Management||Local entity|
|Transport||Freight||Subsidiary of large foreign group|
|Wholesale||Bathroom equipment||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Clothing||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
|Wine barrels||Subsidiary of foreign entity|
Leila Riffi, Principal of Prince Lawyers International
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Private practice in Paris and Sydney (top tier law firms)
- In-house experience in Sydney (French and Australian companies)
- Advising European clients in Australia since 2002
See Contact Us page for contact details